After parties used to be the preserve of the rich and famous. Movie stars lucky enough to get an invite to the Oscars ceremony would jostle for tickets to the hottest after party . Sir Elton Johns annual party after the Oscars and the Vanity Fair post Oscars bash are widely regarded as the main event over shadowing the Oscars itself!
In recent years the after show party has become so commonplace that even provincial high school proms will have after parties with various degree’s of popularity. My daughters recent prom was a big deal but not as a big a deal as the after party. She didn’t relax until she got an invite to the most popular one and then spent weeks planning a second , only slightly , more casual outfit to wear at this late night gathering.
With regards to wedding after parties in Live Music Managements experience they really took off after Prince William and Kate Middleton held an after wedding party in Buckingham Palace for close friends and younger members of the Royal family and by separating the more formal party aimed mainly at older family and the club style later event the Royals were able to throw a party which appealed to all their guests.
Here are our five top tips for planning a wedding after party.
- Make it clear on the invites that there are two distinct parties (even if they are to be held in the same room) ie. 7pm to 11pm party with our sensational wedding band . 11pm to late. Club land classics with DJ Fresh.
- Invite people to the whole event but make it clear to Auntie Doris that the later party might not be her cup of tea.
- If possible hold the later event in a separate room . Many wedding venues will have smaller rooms available for this section of the evening. If a separate room isn’t available have a change of lighting planned for the post party event. An easy way of doing this is by saving the use of smoke machines and intelligent lighting until the after party when their use will transform the room. It may also be appropriate to increase the volume of the music after older guests have left the building.
- The after wedding party doesn’t need to be about loud music. A recent party that Live Music Management booked the entertainment for was held in a barn whilst the after show was taken outside where a fire pit was the destination for a chilled out acoustic sing a long with one of our fabulous acoustic acts.
- The after party should feature some different drinks and food. A recent late night post party event featured tea and bacon sandwiches at 2am which led to a natural chilling out of the music and some warm conversation until the very early hours. Even better we all woke up with clear heads!
At Live Music Management we believe passionately that the entertainment makes a wedding call our helpful team on 08454 900515 for tips on best wedding entertainment (or simply email firstname.lastname@example.org . ) Alternately you can visit www.lmmuk.co.uk